--------------->

blog name/title derived from ---------- > http://www.archive.org/details/OffDutyBeelzebub

Saturday, October 16, 2010

813 - Self-Exhumation Session


Sometimes I can't sleep at night... and don't want to do anything... and understand that another soul-searching is useless but nevertheless...
Unthinkingly I turn a wheel trying to tune old tube radio. There is no pop music at night but my radio is old and a bit noisy.
Stations are tuning through walls of radionoise. They attract with far bright pictures and clear rhythms. But my radio is the only thing around me. I hold tight the wheel continuing my tuning.
It's nice to imagine that there are other people lost in radio waves. They have their own troubles. They are tuning too.
It's nice to be alone here but not to be all alone.
Drifting in radionoise I turn the wheel. To new station. Towards new spectral world...
Travel upon old radio tuning scale...

Noise/ambient collage with lo-fi ambient layers and elastic trip-hop loops drifting in waves of harsh radionoise.
Despite this genre is notoriously mere and heterogeneous, 'Self-Exhumation Session' wins with the harmonious combination of incompatible parts. Harsh noise sound accentuates complete and fine rhythmic loops. Chaotic ambient layers express deliberate thoughtlessness. But later you will see the whole surprising harmony of this work. And then you'll realize how author can manipulate listener's attention and how well he can compose.

Artwork by 813.



http://www.archive.org/details/dna_26_813_self_exhumation_session

No comments:

Post a Comment